- (1) 3 lb. Top/bottom round beef roast
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 package dry Itallian salad dressing mix
- 1 TBspn. dried basil
- 1 Tspn. dried oregano
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Jar of banana peppers
- Add the beef broth, salad dressing mix, basil, oregano, and bay leaves to a medium sauce. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the beef roast in the slow cooker, sprinkle with a good pinch of salt, and pour the beef broth mixture over top.
- Cook for 10 hours on the low setting and don’t take off the lid. This is the most important part. We are using a cheap and therefore tougher cut of meat so you will need all the moisture you can get!
- At eight hours remove the roast from the slow cooker. At this point, it should pretty much be falling apart. Shred the meat with two fork and return to the slow cooker to combine with the juices.
- Add about half of the jar of banana peppers to the meat and stir to combine. Cook for the remaining two hours allowing the meat to soak up all of the juices.
Serve the beef on some crusty hoagie rolls with some provolone cheese and extra banana peppers on top.